The Contour (ISSN 2349-6398) invites scholarly articles on the broad theme of Nationalism in postcolonial contexts. However, the journal also welcomes articles on any other issues related to English studies. The journal also features previously unpublished poems, short stories, reviews on books, movies, or music.
The last date for submission is 15 April 2022.
Papers can be submitted ONLY through this Form:
[NB The journal features densely theoretical and analytical writings that focus on various aspects of English Studies which address/approach the research problems with methods and insights borrowed from multiple established disciplines. Accepted papers will be published after the peer-review process. This is an online electronic journal and there will be no hard copy of the issues. Two copies of the books to be reviewed MUST be sent to the postal address of the Editor.]
Send us your unpublished original research articles in a single attachment through the TC Submission Form and along with A HARD COPY to be sent by post to Dr. Susanta Kumar Bardhan, Rabindrapally (Near Agnibina Club), Suri, Birbhum, 731101, West Bengal. Otherwise, the work will not be processed for publication in the journal. All are requested to meet the Formatting requirements:
- Each submission must be accompanied with (i) A declaration that it is an original work and has not been published anywhere else or send for publication (ii) Abstract of the paper (100-200 words) and (iii) A short bio-note of the contributor(s) indicating name, institutional affiliation postal address, mobile number and e-mail, in a single attachment.
- On the subject line write the title of the paper in the following format “Submission Paper Title”.
- Name your document as: author paper title.
- Paper size: A4, Font & size: Times New Roman 12, Spacing: double line, Margin of 1 inch on all four sides.
- Title of the paper in bold, centred (do not capitalize each word).
- Text of the paper: justified.
- References: Please follow MLA 8th edition style sheet for references and in-text citations.
- Avoid footnotes.
- Transliterate and translate quotation used from other languages.
- In the body of the book- Titles of books: Italics. Titles of articles from journals and books: “quoted”.
- The paper or creative writing and translated text should be usually between 3000 to 5000 words.
- Book reviews should be within 1500 words.